The TOWN OF COVENTRY, RI seeks
Temporary PARK PATROL CUSTODIAN
Temporary/part-time positions from April – October
Weekday & Weekend Shifts
Shift 1: Monday -Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Shift 2: Friday-Sunday
Friday: 4:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
S/S7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. -11 p.m.
$12-$15.50/hr depending on experience
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience as a custodian and/or security officer.
Licenses and Certificates
Requires a valid driver's license.
Performs custodial duties to ensure park grounds, buildings, and restrooms are clean and sanitary. Patrols parks and recreation grounds and buildings to enforce safety, protection, and policies. Maintains a visible presence in public areas, observing incidents, acting, and notifying others according to established protocols.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
Applications can be found on-line at www.coventryri.org
Submit Cover Letter and Resume in addition to Town of Coventry on-line application
To email@example.com on or before March 12, 2018
***Incomplete Applications will not be Accepted***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols departmental buildings and grounds on foot and by vehicle. Guards property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- Protects park property by inspecting and checking security of doors, windows and gates. Turns flood lights on and/or off.
- Maintains active presence in public areas.
- Responds to, assesses, and deals with disturbances according to department policy. Calls for assistance from community-based police services as required. Observes and documents details of occurrences.
- Reports detected leaks or malfunctions of electrical, plumbing, heating, or other equipment to the Park Foreman.
- Reports emergency medical situations, summoning the appropriate emergency medical services.
- Cleans, dusts, and disinfects restrooms including floors, stalls, toilets, urinals, and fixtures. Removes trash and waste. Cleans trash receptacles and replaces liners. Replenishes soap and towel dispensers.
- Cleans public entry and use areas including, but not limited to hallways, stairways, and meeting rooms. Cleans and disinfects drinking fountains, door handles, and door push plates. Sweeps and mops hard floors and baseboards, spot cleaning as necessary and wet mopping on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the objectives of the position.
Knowledge and Skills
The position requires knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in custodial care and routine facilities maintenance including basic plumbing repair. Must have a knowledge of work hazards and safe work techniques, including lifting procedures
Requires the ability to perform all essential duties of the position with minimal supervision. Must be able to observe all safety precautions and procedures. Must be able to use all of the tools and equipment of the position in a safe and responsible manner. Requires the ability to perform routine maintenance tasks and to determine when to refer more complex maintenance requirements to the Park Foreman. Must be able to work independently. Must be able to initiate and maintain communication with community-based police, fire and dispatch. Requires the ability to work productively with community members.
Incumbent must be able to function effectively indoors and outdoors engaged in work of primarily an active nature. Requires manual and finger dexterity to write and to clean and make minor repairs. Requires the ability to lift (from overhead, waist and floor levels, max. 75 lbs.), carry (max. 75 lbs.), push, pull, bend, squat, reach (from low, level, and overhead), and twist and turn head and trunk to clean and to remove trash, move furniture and equipment. Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.