TOWN OF COVENTRY
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
Position involves the supervision of Coventry School Children as they cross the street to and from school.
Successful applicant will:
- Escort students at school crossings before and at school closing;
- Encourage safe behavior by students and other pedestrians at school crossings;
- Responsible for the use of discretion and independent judgement in the safe crossing of children;
- Stops traffic with hand signals, then verbally directs children to cross the street.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to work patiently and effectively with children, parents, and school employees.
- Regular and Prompt attendance is essential.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
Position is performed outside and is subject to exposure to the elements: heat, cold, and wet conditions and walking and standing for long periods of time.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must successfully pass a thorough criminal history and background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to HR@coventryri.org .