TOWN OF COVENTRY
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Semi-skilled work in the operation of dump trucks and other light automotive equipment.
Employees in this class perform a variety of tasks requiring some skill and dexterity in the operation of dump trucks, and other automotive equipment used in the maintenance of public works facilities and grounds. Assignment to this class presumes the operation, of such equipment as the predominant work activity of the employee on a regular, continuing basis. When not engaged in the operation of this equipment, the employee performs a variety of tasks requiring manual labor.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Drives a dump truck to haul sand, gravel, asphalt and other road material, pipe, brush, debris or fill; plows snow; salts and sands streets; transports workers to job sites;
- Performs a variety of manual tasks; patches roads, cuts and chips brush, lay pipe, install or repair manholes and catch basins;
- Performs miscellaneous manual labor relating to the maintenance of roads and bridges; Detects and reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor;
- Performs related work as required.
- Some knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements of trucks and other related automotive equipment;
- Some knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to light automotive equipment;
- Ability to understand and carry out oral instructions and to work independently 'in the performance of assigned duties;
- Ability to detect and report equipment malfunctions; Ability to supervise a small crew of unskilled workers;
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for a reasonable length of time and under unfavorable weather conditions;
- Skill in the safe and efficient operation of a dump truck and other light automotive equipment.
- Ability to deal with the public. .
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
6 MONTHS experience in the operation of a truck related automotive equipment.
Possession of a valid CDL Motor Vehicle Operators License
Salary: $19.01 per hour. No benefits.
Send letter of application and resume Human Resources, 1670 Flat River Road, Coventry, RI 02816 or email@example.com on or before MAY 12, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.