2020 Real Estate tax bills are being mailed Friday, August 7, 2020.
Due to the rejection of the Budget on June 16, 2020, this bill is based on last year’s levy per Town Council Resolution# 40-20-5158.
When a budget is passed by the voters, a new bill will be calculated and sent to those not on the tax freeze, based on the new levy.
Motor Vehicle bills have not yet been mailed. Prior to calculating and sending bills, we are waiting for the State to inform us as to the status of the motor vehicle phase out.
The due date for the 1st quarter is still August 15, 2020. The grace period, as stated on the back of your bill, is October 1, 2020. There will be NO INTEREST charged for late payment of the 1st quarter if paid by October 1, 2020.
On October 2, 2020, 1.5% interest on the unpaid balance will be calculated if the 1st quarter has not been satisfied.
The Coventry Town Hall located at 1670 Flat River Road
will be re-opening to the public on Tuesday, August 11, 2020. All other town
buildings will remain in modified opening status.
It is highly recommended that town business continue to be conducted via mail and drop box. Should a town resident have an issue where entering the Town Hall is a necessity, the following instructions must be adhered to in order to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.
Procedures for safely opening up Town Hall:
- The Town Hall will be open for in person transactions between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Persons entering must check in with our receptionist.
- They MUST wear a mask or will be DENIED entry.
- Each person’s temperature will be checked. If the temperature is above 100.4 degrees F, they will not be allowed to enter.
- All persons entering should sanitize hands while the receptionist records all contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- If making tax payments by check, please have check made out to the “Coventry Tax Collector” with the amount due, in advance when possible.
- Social distancing must be maintained. There are footprints on the floor of the town hall indicating where people should stand in order to accomplish this.
- Upon completing town business, you must exit immediately through the doors on the right marked EXIT. (Located BEHIND the receptionist.)
We appreciate your anticipated cooperation in this unprecedented time.